Fèis Phàislig has a small supply of accordions and fiddles available to hire. Instruments cost £5 per week to hire and payment will be due monthly in advance. Instruments are provided on a first come, first served basis.
1. The instrument will remain the property of Fèis Phàislig at all times, and is insured by Fèisean nan Gàidheal while in transit. Insurance of the instrument while at the hirer’s address is the responsibility of the hirer, who must ensure adequate insurance is in place to cover damage or loss to the instrument. Such cover is normally available on normal home insurance contracts at no extra cost, but you should check with your insurer.
2. The instrument must be maintained by the hirer, and returned in good condition to Fèis Phàislig. It will be the responsibility of the hirer to make good any damage sustained while in his/her possession at his/her cost. This instrument must not be passed on to anyone else while in your care.
3. The instrument may be recalled at times of the year when Fèisean take place, or at other times as required. In the event of the instrument being recalled for use by Fèis Phàislig, the associated week’s payments will be waived for the period during which it is recalled. At all other times, the instrument will be available to the hirer until this agreement is terminated.
4. The monthly fee is payable on collection of the instrument, and on the first day of each month thereafter, until the contract is terminated by either party. Payment should be made via standing order.
5. Fèis Phàislig reserves the right to reclaim the instrument in the event of non-payment of the hire fee.